Congratulations on all your success. I mean that. But all this “the gov’t never helped me” stuff? Yeah, about that:
- That no-frills State U. education you paid yourself through was so cheap because it was subsidized with tax dollars. The scholarship you earned, same deal.
- The road you drive on to work didn’t magically appear there. It was a gov’t project.
- You’ve likely never been hospitalized for food poisoning. Federal food inspectors do good work.
- Your business has been able to flourish in part thanks to protection from police and fire departments … UNION WORKERS and gov’t employees all.
- The Internet is a wonderful thing that makes wide dissemination of your ideas quick and easy, isn’t it? Yep, another innovation of the bloated, incompetent federal government.
- At this very moment you are paying my salary to defend your right to your poorly-formed opinion and to be callous toward your fellow man. You’re welcome, jerks.
An American soldier in Afghanistan
This is beautiful.